Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall 2009 TV/Movie Picks

If I had as much free time as I could ever want and wouldn't feel guilty about spending it in front of the TV, these are the shows I'd watch this fall:

Mondays:
8:00pm How I Met Your Mother
8:30pm Accidentally On Purpose (sounds cute, haven't seen it yet)
9:30pm Big Bang Theory (love those geeks!)

Tuesday:
8:00pm NCIS (saw the new LA one this past week - just didn't have the same believability and chemistry as this cast)
9:00pm HawthRNe on TNT (go Jada!)
10:00pm The Good Wife (saw the debut this past week...very interesting issues raised, compelling characters...thumbs up!)

Wednesday
8:00pm Hank (like Kelsey Grammer as an actor...but haven't seen the show yet)
8:30pm The Middle (Patricia Heaton...but haven't seen the show yet)

9:00pm Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
10:00pm Top Chef

Thursday
8:30pm Parks and Recreation (this might turn out to be a little too absurdist for my taste)
9:00pm The Office
9:30pm 30 Rock (when it starts - my favorite show! the title of this blog is a Liz Lemmon quote!)

Friday

8:00pm Supernanny
9:00pm Stargate Universe (I'm sure I'll be test-driving this show with Mike :)

Saturday
With this schedule, I would need a black out day!

Sunday
8:00pm The Amazing Race - heard on the radio that it has been running for 15 seasons and has won just as many Emmys. I liked it when I saw it a few times back in Chicago because of all the different travel destinations. I think I might try to get back into it.


Movies I'd like to see:

Bright Star - preparing to fall in love with Keats AGAIN
I Can Do Bad All By Myself - go, Tyler Perry! (might take V to a matinee while Mike's on call this weekend)
The Providence Effect
In Search of Beethoven
The Informant
Coco Before Chanel
Julie & Julia
Easy Virtue - Love those period films!
Summer Hours
Management
Away We Go
The Way We Get By
Motherhood
Where the Wild Things Are
The Boys (?) - The Clive Owen as widower movie


So interesting that there are so many docudramas, biographical adaptations etc. I think it goes to show that the events of life are indeed more fantastical than even the most creative mind could dream up?



No comments: